Hair Claw Tutorial For ALL Hair Types
Do you feel like you're missing out on the fun hair claw trend because you have thick, long and/or curly hair? So did I. But now we don't have to!! I found these simple, short videos that explain how to securely pin your hair with clips. I'll break it down for you...
Thick Hair? Thanks to MinimalHair on Youtube, you now how the option to clip up your hair in three easy ways: https://youtu.be/NgUIy9qbMVA
- The first method she used was the French Twist Up. Check out the video to see how she twists the hair.
- The second method she used was the Tied Up Hair. What you need: one hair tie and a hair claw. First, loop you a hair in a low ponytail 1X. Then, pull your hair through for the second time but stop halfway. Your hair should be in a bun (reference video for clarity). Take the ponytail of hair and lean it against the back of your head. Lastly, secure the hair claw around your hair.
- The third and finale method was the Twist Up. Check out the video to see how she twists the hair.
Type 2C to 3C Hair? I personally have curly hair. Although it's not as thick, I found it tricky to style my hair with the hair claw. You're not gonna believe this but I was able to use the methods from the Thick Hair section above. However, here is a cute, quick, and easy video on how to prep & style your curly hair for with claws:
- Harmonicurls: https://youtu.be/j5N6cGEPusk?t=129 She used hair gel and combs/brushes to style her curls. They look gorgeous - super unique and trendy.
Type 3C to 4C Hair? I found a few videos that show step by step how to clip your hair + how to style it! Check them out here:
- Curlicurls on Youtube has created a compilation video on how to do the Hair Claw trend on hair types 3a to 4c. Quick 5 minute video: https://youtu.be/BaUXsmtFwHM
- DSYB Hair on YouTube teaches you how she styles her Type 4 Natural hair with hair claws. Check out her easy video here: https://youtu.be/oBwbm2cO9k4
I know you wanna try out these tricks, but in order to do that you NEED a hair claw...or 2... or 3!! Guess what? I have them available in my shop. Get yours today! I have 3 different options:
1. Neutral Jumbo Hair Clips: https://shopthrifton.com/products/jumbo-hair-clips ($5 each - Buy 2 or more for free shipping: use code "WINTER")
2. Neutral Banana Hair Claws: https://shopthrifton.com/products/banana-resin-hair-claws ($6 each - Buy 2 or more for free shipping: use code "WINTER")
3. Pastel Matte Banana Hair Claws: https://shopthrifton.com/products/pastel-hair-claws ($6 each - Buy 2 or more for free shipping: use code "WINTER")
Did you find this helpful? Let me know in the comments below.
Let's Chat: What are your opinions on the hair claw trend?
Smock, Jacklyn. “How to Determine Your Curl Pattern.” Real Simple, 16 Nov. 2021, https://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/hair/hair-care/curl-types?utm_source=emailshare&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email-share-article&utm_content=20220121.